Sunday, March 3, 2013

CERN STORY- First Draft of 1st and 2nd Chapters (Re)Written.

After boothing at the Gotham Writer's Workshop two-weeks ago I re-wrote the first chapter paying close attention to the criticisms of the other writers. I flipped and combined the initial Chapter 2 into the First Chapter, while taking out the last part of Chapter 1 and used it as the beginning of Chapter 2.  This took a while as I changed some parts of the story to add details that weren't there before and took out devices that didn't work. Revising can be more difficult than writing the original. That being said I am still not satisfied with the first two Chapters as they need more description, specifically one of the characters who remains an enigma. Whether I choose to leave it this way and develop him later in Chapter 3 seems like an idea I am entertaining at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment